1 Year Without a Colon & Still Kicking

12/24/16 at my parents' house- just left the hospital 
And this is me today in my apartment (12/24/17)
No more steroid moonface!







Facebook reminded me that a year ago today, I had just been discharged from the hospital after a successful first jpouch surgery. The picture above (on the left) is from exactly one year ago today. I was overjoyed to be home and both hopeful and nervous about the future. I have come a long way since one year ago and I thought it would be helpful to recap my biggest take aways from this year. 
  • Always remember that you deserve excellent care.
  • This process is long and hard. Progress isn't linear. It's ok to be sad and frustrated sometimes. 
  • Ways to feel better when you're feeling down: 
    • Make a plan (even if the plan is "do nothing" and check back with someone about it at a later, specified date) 
    • Spend time with family/friends (in person or via facetime/phone) 
    • Go outside
  • Remember during times of better health to stay focused on what really matters and don't take the rest of it so seriously

My journey is ongoing and hopefully looking back at this list will help me as I continue to find my way.

Happy holidays, everyone!!!! 

Sending love your way 💗 💗 💗








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Without my Gut and Still on a Journey to Wellness :)

Getting there

First Post