Tomorrow's the big day and I spent some time this weekend doing some reflection, journaling, and talking to my body about what will be happening. I was told that when an organ is being removed it's a good idea to release that body part with love and gratitude for what it has provided. Here are some excerpts from my journal: Dear Colon, Thank you for 32 years of hard work. For 25 years I didn't think about you at all. We ate homemade pasta in Italy, lobster on the Cape, and s'mores by the campfire. You processed nutrients, extracted water, and eliminated waste. You were such a steady, reliable part of my daily functioning that I took you for granted. Things started to get tough in 2009. That's when your inflammation and suffering began. Since then you have been tested and tried, poked and prodded with colonoscopies, sigmoidoscopies, biopsies, pills (Lialda, 6MP, prednisone), and infusion medications (Remicade, Entyvio). We tried alternatives to Western medicin...
Comments
Post a Comment