Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow

It's finally here! My reconnection surgery is tomorrow! I never thought I would be this excited about going to the hospital, but I am r.e.a.d.y. The last couple of weeks have been particularly trying, and my countdown to March 21 has helped me stay focused. If you'd like to send positive thoughts and wishes around 1:30pm, I'd definitely appreciate the love!

Tomorrow's surgery is a less invasive procedure than the first one, and once again I'll be at the hospital for a few days and then spend some time at my parents' place (thank goodness for family help!). Even though it's initially an easier recovery from surgery, I'm not so naive to think everything will be peachy keen. From what I've heard, it takes 6-12 months to fully adjust to the new plumbing and the first 2 months are the hardest. This is definitely going to require endless Patience and Compassion, but we have all been good friends for a while now :) I'm not looking forward to accidents and butt burn, BUT the neat thing about this stage is that it's eventually going to lead to a more permanent state of good health- and that feels almost in reach now!!

This is goodbye to my little Lilo (stoma), but it's not as emotional as having a body part entirely removed. She's sticking around, just inside my body, and as my mom says, she's going home to her family :) Lilo has worked really hard and I compliment her a lot... even though some days she can be a little shit, ha! It's strange to become acquainted with a part of you that you don't typically encounter, sort of like putting a face to a name. It definitely helps me appreciate all the internal organs and microorganisms that are invisible to the eye, but are always working for us.

And lastly, it feels so perfect that today is the spring equinox since spring always feels so full of promise and new beginnings. Here we go!


Comments

  1. Sending love and good vibes to you today and tomorrow, Stephie! So inspired by your journey and so happy to see you in the homestretch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going Without my Gut and Still on a Journey to Wellness :)

Getting there

First Post