Visit to Cambridge

My first 3 treatments have gone very well! The first two days I took a nap in the afternoon, but today the sun was shining and we decided to go to Cambridge for the afternoon. Now it's almost 9pm and I'm worn out, but tomorrow will be a low key, local day.

The town we are staying in is a bustling little village with lots of independent shops, and it's just right for our stay. However, it was neat to see the larger city of Cambridge with a lot more people, stores, culture, etc. I'm glad I'm able to enjoy some sightseeing in between treatments. Here are some pictures from our day trip!

Market Center

Everyone cycles here!

Eagle- the pub where Watson & Crick announced the discovery of DNA


The iconic Kings College


Inside Kings Chapel, trying to blend into the senior citizen bus tour to learn about the Rubens painting 


Punting along the River Cam


Typical scene in Cambridge: the mail box, the telephone booth, the bicycles, the spring blooms


Watching the punters


More cute shops


This book store was closed, but I wanted everything in the Harry Potter display!


Mini-mart outside the train station- just peel and sip!

Sunset on the ride home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Without my Gut and Still on a Journey to Wellness :)

Getting there

First Post